Saturday, September 3, 2011

My CMU Office

So I dare say that I've finally set up my new office place, and I can share some photos of it now.

My office is situated in a quite ISR hallway (which very much reminds me of the Computer Systems Lab, in which I had stayed previously):


Almost in the very end of it:


It took me some patience to set up two monitors with a laptop:



As of Fall 2011, I shared office space with Sven Stork (is in his 5th year of the SE program and does something about concurrency optimization and programming languages) and Alex Loewi (he is starting the COS program and he's brave enough to take a statistics course in his first semester). Hope they don't mind me sharing a photo of their places.



What do I do there? I eat, of course! One could think that it's quite costly; frankly, that's what I was thinking until recently. As it turned out, there's a place with reasonable prices - "trucks". Sold me a gyro meat meal only for $5:

The quantity-to-price ratio is high.

Thirst problems are solved by $0.50 soda cans from machines throughout the campus (even Dr. Pepper!):

I bet it's crazy cheap, basically zero profit margin.
Update from Fall 2012: Sven and Alex moved out, and Darya moved in.

Darya is from the glorious country of Kazakhstan.
My workspace is a little more cluttered...
... but the office is less crowded now.

4 comments: