Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012

My Halloween entertainment program this year included: 
  • Pumpkin carving;
  • A visit to Kennywood Fright Nights;
  • A costume party;
  • A couple of horror movies: the Shining and Silent Hill Revelation (more)
(unlike last year)

Pregnant women and mentally unstable children are not allowed to proceed further into this post (they already have enough problems)!

Pumpkin Carving

Let me jump straight to the result here. I owe the carving design to Alina.

I loved the left one.
Can you identify the person in the back?
No? Congrats: you spend too much time in front of a computer.
We picked up the pumpkins from a farm in Ohio, while driving back from Columbus marathon.


It's funny how Halloween is the opposite of Thanksgiving. The essence of the latter is, "oh thanks god at least something grew up so we can eat." Halloween goes, "bhahaha we have soooo many pumpkins now -- let's do weird things with 'em."

I admit: there's no limit to perfection.
The process of carving is more amusing if you pretend you're dissecting a human head.

We decided to not mess with a baby pumpkin.
Child abuse are pretty severe, y'know.

An important detail that I learned: if pumpkins are not dumped in a week, they start to rot, and mold covers them. It's quite amusing to see, but I won't put your aesthetic feelings at risk by posting pictures here.

What my home looked like this week.

Kennywood Visit


In October, they do Fright Nights at Kennywood. The whole amusement park is re-decorated into a horror-like place and populated with all sorts of evil things. It only opens in the night, to complete the experience.


Now, featuring the characters: 

Innocent victims.
Have a great scary night, in fact.

Mad clowns.
This one's a pygmy.
Zombies.
Scaring people off from food places.

Demons.
This guy didn't look that creepy, but compensated in behavior.

Ghouls.
This one is the kindest in the whole Kennywood.

Other monsters.
Lurking among us...

Too bad I couldn't take a shot of vampires -- they moved too fast.

There was also a pedophile monster. But he was dressed casually, so I wasn't sure and didn't take a picture.


Costume party

The public details about the party are limited. I dressed up as a zombie.

Charming.

My escalating drunkenness helped me act as a real zombie (including the degree of how much human flesh attracted me).

Braaaainz!

---

Bonus for those who read to this point: a creepy shadow video, which I shot just by accident. No screamers, I promise :)



That's it. Hope you had a nice Halloween. Remember: the more time passes after Halloween, the more scaring effect your costume can have!

No comments:

Post a Comment