Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Photos from Columbus Marathon 2012

Again, I ran a 3:02:29 marathon in Columbus, OH on October 21, 2012. Now dumping more photos here.



Now I got my hands on more material from my recent marathon in Oh-ee-oh (a.k.a. Ohio). The photos are coming from Alina and MarathonPhoto, with their permission. The videos are coming from Alina and C Tolle Run, with their permission.


Minutes before the start.
Some spectators were able to read the label.
Last moments of fun.

It was actually quite dark at the start.
Some time in the first half.
When I reached the middle point of the race, it was getting more and more interesting. I knew that terrible times were coming and was excited to see how it evolved.

Half of me at half-marathon (via Alina).
I look fit and healthy.
For the second part, the course started getting more and more hilly. All this means bad things for me, really.

I feel ok-ish.
I'm not as cheerful as always.
It's starting to get really annoying.

And then, after 3 hours of doubts and angst, I found myself close to the finishing line.
What the finish looked like.
Final meters of the long distance.

 
After I crossed the line, the celebration started immediately.

Partying hard.

Every season I'm shuffling.
I didn't have much energy left, so I had to cut the party, grab my medal, ...


Grabbed some weird silver plastic covers.

... and drop on the ground.



My body welcomed the change from vertical orientation to horizontal.


At some point I tried to stand up...


... but failed miserably.


Having stayed on the ground for 20 minutes, I pulled myself together and was able to walk. Most people take this ability for granted.


---
That's it on my part.

Marathons are very relieving. Nothing stresses you out for a couple of weeks after you do them. You should try, indeed, especially if you care about things that you shouldn't.

If you're still hungry for information, check out another race highlight from C Tolle Run. She's an Olympian, after all.



2 comments: